Monday, September 20, 2010

Here I am, I am here

my lovely Gloria in Haiti
So, I have this friend...  No, really.  My crazy, amazing, wacky friend Gloria.  She challenges me on a regular basis.  It usually starts off with her saying, "You know what you should do?  You should..."  My first thought is usually, "you're nuts"!  But by the time she is done speaking, I'm usually thinking that she's right.  I should.  

And so, I am.  

The Holy Spirit gets me into more projects that way.  But really, I love how the Lord uses my friends to grow me, to stretch me, to take me one step further.

Here is my blog.  I am not perfect, I do not have all the answers, I am not a master anything.  I do however, love learning new things and sharing what I have learned.  I am a follower of Jesus Christ.  I have a good sized veggie garden.  I adore canning.  My peeps tell me I am a rather good chef.  I sew, crochet & knit. I have sold some of my clothing in a small down-town boutique.  Nutrition and eating properly for our health is important to me.  I am celiac & maintain a strict GF (gluten free) diet, I would love to be ONLY organic but, alas, it is not in the budget at this time.  Lastly, saving money is a rather passionate hobby of mine.

This is an old pair of shorts turned into a modest skirt.  Doing this gets an extra season out of clothing that was headed to the donation pile.  My oldest got to wear a designer-origional-one-of-a-kind.  You go mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment